Thursday, February 01, 2007

waiting for winter



It is finally coming...the first snow of the season. Or so they say. There was a certain excitement in the air around town today in anticipation of awaking tomorrow morning to find everything dusted in white. I worked on the large piece in the downtown studio today, and just as I was about to leave, I caught a glimpse of this very cold-looking bird sitting atop the utility pole. Although I often find anthropomorphism to be a bad habit, I had the brief passing thought that the little bird was looking out over the horizon searching for signs of snow. Probably she was just being a bird, but I liked her shape, the contrast of living being about to take flight with the cold industrial background. And who knows? Maybe she was hoping for snow as much as I was.

No comments: