Tuesday, June 05, 2007

after the rain



Our outfitter Doug Jordan (who I VERY highly recommend to anyone considering a BWCA trip) told us a story before we set out about a time he had guided a couple on a short fishing outing. They scoffed when he grabbed his rain gear for an afternoon of fishing on a sunny day. They were not laughing, though, after they were drenched by a sudden storm typical of this northern Minnesota region! Of course, we thought we were immune from this pattern, so one afternoon when my father and I headed out for some fishing, I left my gear at camp, preferring the minimal approach. After snagging (and losing) my first northern pike, the sky suddenly opened up, dropping fat raindrops and scattering lightning all around. After a very scary fast paddle back to camp, the rain cleared, leaving a lovely fog in its wake. As we dried out, we shot some great images from the shore.

No comments: