Tuesday, February 20, 2007

lower broad



Driving home from my studio this afternoon, I decided to take my favorite route. Contrary to common sense, I like to drive straight through downtown Nashville, down Lower Broadway where all the most famous bars and music spots of Nashvegas can be found; and then left on Second Avenue, past the rest of the tourist destinations to the Woodland Street Bridge. I have found that during rush hour, most people are fleeing the downtown area, clogging up the interstates. Often it is actually faster and far more interesting to head to the heart of the city. There is nothing like downtown Nashville on a weekend night, lights and music and colorful characters everywhere. During the day, though, it waits in quiet anticipation of the coming crowds, humming along like any other 9-to-5 downtown. Only with more cowboy boots. And neon.

No comments: